The Beginner’s Guide to Digital Marketing
There is so much marketing jargon out there that it can be confusing to know where to start if you're new to the digital marketing world. In this introductory blog post, we'll answer some of the most common questions and give you a general overview of the digital marketing landscape.
- What is digital marketing? The marketing of products or services online.
- What are the benefits of digital marketing? Larger reach, better content, cheaper and better analytics.
- What are some common digital marketing activities? SEO, content marketing, social media marketing and advertisements.
- How can I measure the success of my digital marketing campaigns? Through analytics and other metrics.
- Where should I go for more help with digital marketing? For general advice read blogs and articles for more specific work contact an agency or specialist.
Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium. Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organisation to analyse marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real-time. It also enables organisations to respond to customer interactions in a timelier manner.
Digital marketing offers many advantages over traditional marketing channels. Digital marketing is one of the most efficient and effective ways to reach out to customers and promote products or services. With the use of digital technologies, businesses can communicate with their customers more effectively and cost-effectively.
Some of the benefits of digital marketing include:
- reaching a wider audience
- more engaging and interactive content
- cost-effective compared to traditional marketing methods
- the ability to track results and measure performance.
Digital marketing is a huge umbrella term that encompasses a variety of marketing activities that are conducted online. These activities can be divided into four main categories: search engine optimisation (SEO), content marketing, social media marketing, and paid advertising.
SEO is the process of optimising your website and its content so that it appears as high as possible on search engine results pages (SERPs). Content marketing is the creation and distribution of engaging, relevant, and valuable content to attract and retain a target audience. Social media marketing involves the use of social networks and other online platforms to create connections with customers and followers. Paid advertising is the process of purchasing advertising space on a web page, or in a publication. The advertiser pays the host of the website or publication a fee to have their ad shown to the target audience.
Achieving success with your digital marketing campaigns can be tricky. There are several ways you can measure success, but not all of them will be relevant to your specific campaign. Here are four methods that are commonly used to measure the success of digital marketing campaigns:
- Conversion rate: This measures how many people saw your ad or clicked on it or went on to make a purchase or take some other action.
- Click-through rate: This is a metric that is used to determine the success of an online advertisement.
- Bounce rate: This is the percentage of single-page visits (sessions in which the user has left the site from the same page they entered on)
- Overall site traffic: This is the number of users that visit your website in a given period. This can be tracked by using website analytics software. The data collected by this software can tell you things like where your visitors are coming from, what pages they are visiting, and how long they are staying on your site.
There are many places you can go for help with digital marketing. If you're looking for general advice, you can check out online articles, blog posts, or even books on the subject. If you're looking for specific help with a particular marketing campaign or technique, you can consult a digital marketing agency or specialist. You can also find online forums and groups where digital marketers exchange tips and advice.
In short, digital marketing is the process of promoting a brand or product through online channels. It encompasses a variety of tactics, such as search engine optimisation , social media marketing, and email marketing. If you're new to the digital marketing world, this post will give you a basic overview of the landscape. Stay tuned for future posts that will dive into each digital marketing tactic in more detail, if you would like to learn more please follow our LinkedIn and Instagram or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org